onsdag den 6. oktober 2010

Hello world!

After several days of trying out different passwords and endless time on the phone, I can finally say: I am online! My host mom, Stephanie is not a shark with computers so it has been quite a battle to get access to the wireless network at home. This has not been all bad. It has given me an excuse for not doing my Danish homework and instead of this, to spend some time with my host family. They are really sweet and I already feel like a part of the family. I especially get along with the daughter, Alexandra, who is my age. From day one we talked as if we were old girlfriends. Already the day after my arrival Alexandra, Yuki (the other exchange student) and I went to “downtown” Edmonds where Alexandra showed us around. We went to the local library, where I got a membership card, so now I can borrow books and movies for free. 

Yuki and Alexandra at Olympic Beach

 Not far from this lay a Starbucks Coffee House, so of course I had to visit it. Here I ordered my first cup of coffee. I have never tasted coffee before, because I have always thought it did not smell very nice, but it was a positive experience.  I think that at the end of this trip, I may be addicted to coffee!  



     

1 kommentar:

  1. Another coffee addict!! Woo hoo!! now you can bring coffee to class like I do everyday!

    I am so glad you are enjoying your host family! You are making friendships with people that you will, most likely, have for the rest of your life!!!

    SvarSlet